THE 20 QUESTIONS NOVEMBER 2019
Born in Oberhausen (NorthRhein Westphalia) on 31.5.1960
Moved to Berlin in 1978 to study Business at Free University Berlin, graduated as Diplomkaufmann (MBA)
Run a coffee shop and a beer garden 1983-88 in prime locations in Berlin
1988-1995 Grundkreditbank eG Berlin, Department Private Customers with real estate investments
HEINER has been in real estate nearly all of his life: after graduating at Free University Berlin (MBA) he worked for a bank specialized in financing properties.
He moved to Thailand in 1995 and took part in the development of The Swiss Paradise Village, one of the best housing projects in Pattaya.
After that he was a partner in the real estate department of the FARANG-Magazine, the most popular widely read German language newspaper in Thailand.
Since the beginning of 2000 he has been actively developing Siam Properties to be one of Pattaya’s leading real estate agencies.
Founding member of PREBA Pattaya Real Estate Broker Association (formerly REBA ES) he is a Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) and a Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS), the highest qualification in international real estate.
Rotarian, member of the RC Eastern Seaboard, Past President of RC Phoenix Pattaya
He has 3 children:
Martin Moessing, Master in Laws, born in Germany in 1992, he moved to Thailand with his father in 1995. He is partner of his father and Managing Director of Siam Properties.
Sven Moessing, Master in Accounting, born in Pattaya in 1995, working already as a senior at the international company BDO in Bangkok
Jennifer Moessing, born in Sri Racha in 2001, student (English and International Business at Ramkhamhaeng University since January 2019
Hobbies and interest:
Photography and painting
Music (classic, jazz and rock) with a large collection of vinyl records (more than 5000) and CDs – regularly posting “reviews” on his fb
Buddhist (Mahayana), enjoyed the teachings by HH The Dalai Lama for 13 days in India in 2009
History and politics, daily research on internet and YouTube – you can do this when you stop watching TV!
Big fan of FC Liverpool!
1. When did you arrive in Pattaya and what brought you here?
Accidently came to Pattaya as I was looking for a new home in Thailand – actually we wanted to move to Bangkok. Good that we moved to Pattaya!
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Never been anywhere else: 18 years Oberhausen, 17 years Berlin, 24 years Pattaya
3. What surprised you most about Pattaya?
The development from a “village” to a big city – did not expect that in 1995. Then I got to knew all Germans living here in the first month!
4. Friends are in Pattaya for a holiday – what must they absolutely see or do?
Difficult to say as I was never a tourist in Pattaya: Kho Larn, Silver Lake, Chinese Market in Huay Yai….I can advise them on beautiful places in Thailand where I spend my holidays – not beaches but National Parks, waterfalls
5. What is your favorite Thai food?
Naam prik kapi + makruea choop peng tod
6. What is never missing in your refrigerator?
7. What is your favorite Thai word?
Jai yen yen (keep a cool heart) – hope I can do one day…
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Nothing – have not been to Europe for more than 20 years
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Journalist – I am a regular contributor to Pattaya Trader
10. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
I think I could try to do everything – not sure if everything could work out nicely!
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Last vacation was in Chumphon
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Somewhere in Thailand – Kanchanaburi? Suan Pueng?
13. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Marc Bolan and T Rex – The Godfather
14. Apart from temptation what can’t you resist?
Talking! Maybe too much…
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
Books Books Books
17. Morning person or night person?
Night person! Sleep late but hardly ever go out
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Immanuel Kant’s categorical imperative – The Golden Rule. For me the basis of living together, from family to country to the whole world
19. What area do you like most, Pattaya city or Nongprue (the Dark Side)?
Always have been living on the Dark Side
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Always tell the truth and be an inspiration for others