PATTAYA PROVINCIAL COURT TOURIST CASE SECTION
Tourist Case Section Regulation
As there is currently a significant increase in numbers of both Thai and foreign tourists are the parties at the same time in terms of both civil and consumer cases due to their goods and services consumption; and criminal cases in which the tourists are injured persons, accused or defendants. To provide justice and facility for tourists considering fairness rapidity and continuity, the Court of Justice has established Tourist Case Section in any important tourist attraction area by providing such section in Pattaya Provincial Court at the outset.
The primary purpose is to advice and to facilitate tourists to complete their cases throughout the process.
In this regulation,
“Tourist” means a person who travels from his or her domicile toOther places temporarily, voluntarily and with non-occupational or earning purposes, such as recreation, study visit, entertainment, and so forth.
Tourist Case Section’s Procedure
Civil and Consumer Cases / Criminal Cases
1. Providing the tourists with advice and assistance to prepare their plaints and petition;
2. Dealing with an appointment in order to bring the case to mediation process within the next working day or as promptly as possible, and follow further procedures, continuously until case termination as well as take the evidence involving with tourist in advance ;
3. Coordinating with the representative of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, the Office of the Attorney-General, and other organizations concerned to follow up the accused or parties concerned to go to the court promptly;
4. Sending a summons and a copy of plaint to the defendants, and informing
trial appointment and court order to the tourists, defendants and parties concerned via telephone, facsimile, post, e-mail or other modes of information technology;
5. Coordinating with an interpreter or a mediator to conduct their duties
6. Providing the tourists with advice and assistance in case they need to
appoint their authorized representative from the public authority to follow
their proceedings if the tourists need to travel back to their places ;
7. Informing case results to the tourists or their authorized representative from the public authority to further inform the tourists; as well as advice to aforementioned persons in case of legal execution;
8. Collaborating or supporting other organizations concerned or as assigned.
1. In case of accusation related to criminal cases in which the tourists are the injured persons and they desire to lodge their complaints, the Sports to assist them with lodging their complaints to an inquiry officer, and coordinate with a public prosecutor to request the court for pretrial taking of evidence involving with tourist in accordance with the Criminal Procedure Code, as well as providing advice to the tourists to appoint their authorized representative from the public authority to follow their proceedings, and informing case results to the tourists or their representative via the Ministry of Tourism and Sports in case the tourists travel back to their places.
2. In case the tourists are the accused or the defendants in criminal cases, and they desire to inform their embassies or consulates about their case, the court officer shall coordinate with the representative of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports to further proceedings.
In case of whether the case is tourist case,
the chief judge of Pattaya provincial court having its functional tourist case section makes a final decision, but it does not affect any previous proceedings conducted.
Pattaya Provincial Court Tourist Case Section
The Court’s Channels on Receiving Cases
1. Directly receiving such cases from Tourists
2. Receiving such cases from Ministry of Tourism and Sport or other concerned
government agencies such as Tourist Police or Inquiry Official
3. Receiving such cases from the Complaint Segment within the Court when found that the defendants or the sufferers are tourists.
The Jurisdiction of Pattaya Provincial Court
1. Banglamung District
2. Sattahip District
3. Si Racha District
only within 3 sub-districts, Thung Sukhla, Bueng, and Bo Win
Pattaya Provincial Court. Tourist Case Section
Thappraya Road, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150
Tel. +66 (0) 38 252 130 – 2 ext. 184 Fax +66 (0) 38 252 134
Download power of attorney form : www.ptyc.coj.go.th
Tourist Hotline : 1672 http://www.chonburiattractionclub.com