THE 20 QUESTIONS JUNE 2019
born and raised in Norwalk Connecticut a suburb of New York City.
First 18 years spent there where I excelled in school graduating 5th in my class, earned 8 varsity letters playing football, baseball, wrestling and lacrosse. Grew up in a loving middle class family, well cared for by my dear departed mother Frances, my dad who lives is Hemet California now and my older brother Craig. Love sports played competitively until Moving to Thailand in 2004.
Happily married to my Thai wife Neerapatra Schwartz and have two wonderful children, my eldest Howard from my first marriage who has been visiting here with us in Thailand living in New York City and my lovely boy Bradley he just turned 4 years old May 5th. Dan is a member of the Volunteer Team at Pattaya Expats Club and as such giving Valuable Service to the Pattaya Community.
1. When did you arrive in Pattaya and what brought you here?
I have been a frequent visitor to Pattaya since 2007, been on the Board of Trustees for the Pattaya Expats Club since 2007 but didn’t actually move to Pattaya until 4th of May 2019.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
No, only in Thailand.
3. What surprised you most about Pattaya?
The normality of Pattaya when you are not in the nightlife areas.
4. Friends are in Pattaya for a holiday – what must they absolutely see or do?
Have to try all the different types of food from Thai to Indian to Pub to Japanese to steaks. And of course sample the nightlife by going to Walking Street and finally a day trip to Koh Larn.
5. What is your favorite Thai food?
That’s a tough one probably go with Seafood with Basil.
6. What is never missing in your refrigerator?
Actually quite a lot is missing in my refrigerator we enjoy eating out or carrying in from the multitude of options available.
7. What is your favorite Thai word?
Narak, means lovely and is my wife’s childhood nickname. Most people call her Pat.
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Everything pretty much works. And of course my family.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Golf pro in the Senior tour.
10. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Painter. Tried it once way to boring for me.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Short one in Singapore.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
13. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
As a teen would have to be Led Zeppelin.
14. Apart from temptation what can’t you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
Yes (love both)
17. Morning person or night person?
Both. Working in the Crypto world that never sleeps and having a 4 year old means a bit of burning the candle at both ends.
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Education. I feel the better the educational opportunities available the farther a country can progress.
19. What area do you like most, Pattaya city or Nongprue (the Dark Side)?
Enjoy living in Nong Plalay actually right now and visiting the city since my office is in Pattaya Klang near Big C.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Never give up.
And my favorite Zig Ziglar quote:
The way for me to get what I want is to help as many others as possible get what they want.