THE 20 QUESTIONS APRIL 2019
STEPHEN “STEVE” DEVEREUX is a well known Irish citizen living for many years in Pattaya and now the President of the Rotary Club of Pattaya. Steve has been on the forefront to support and organize many charitable projects. He is also one of the founders of the Saint Patrick’s Day Parade, now a yearly Pattaya event.
1. When did you arrive in Pattaya and what brought you here?
First arrived in 2003 for Holiday.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I lived and worked in England, Germany, Portugal and New York
3. What surprised you most about Pattaya?
The city that never sleeps atmosphere
4. Friends are in Pattaya for a holiday – what must they absolutely see or do?
My friends must go to Koh Lairn Island and Nong Nooch Gardens
5. What is your favorite Thai food?
Cao pad kai chicken fried rice
6. What is never missing in your refrigerator?
I am diabetic so always have insulin in fridge
7. What is your favorite Thai word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Cool air bacon and cabbage dinner
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Very Happy to do what I am doing
10. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
At home in Ireland
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
13. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Way of the dragon (bruce lee)
14. Apart from temptation what can’t you resist?
The desert buffet at the Hilton Lunch
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
Am an avid reader and just love a book
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Honesty and Curtisy are very important to me .
19. What area do you like most, Pattaya city or Nongprue (the Dark Side)?
Pattaya city early morning is a beautiful place to be
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Be truely greatful for the things you have in life including life itself.