THE 20 QUESTIONS MARCH 2019
International Relations Manager at the Father Ray Foundation
Escaped from Wales as a teenager and moved to London. Worked in Harrod’s for 6 years, Fortnum & Mason for 4, then trained as a peadiatric nurse at Middlesex University, then the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
1. When did you arrive in Pattaya and what brought you here?
First came in 2000 to meet Father Ray Brennan, then came back in 2001 to volunteer for 6 months. 18 years later and still here at the Father Ray Foundation
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Spent one year working in Australia
3. What surprised you most about Pattaya?
The poverty and the huge amount of child abuse and neglect
4. Friends are in Pattaya for a holiday – what must they absolutely see or do?
Ramayana Water Park
5. What is your favorite Thai food?
Pad Krapow Moo Gorb – crispy pork with basil
6. What is never missing in your refrigerator?
Heinz Salad Cream; unless Foodland run out which is then panic time
7. What is your favorite Thai word?
Khob Khun Kap
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Family, friends and a good bookshop
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I would love to be able to sing, but I can’t, been told I sound like a cat being strangled
10. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Riding the rubbish lorry
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Going back home to London and Wales in March
13. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Singer: Aretha Franklin
Film: Friday the 13th
14. Apart from temptation what can’t you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
Can’t stand either, all tastes like vinegar
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Inequality, child protection
19. What area do you like most, Pattaya city or Nongprue (the Dark Side)?
Nongprue – all our children live over that side
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Honesty is always the best policy