THE 20 QUESTIONS MARCH 2020
JAMIE PARKINSON – Originally from Surrey, UK and moved to Singapore around 16 years of age to finish College & University studies thus then moving to Pattaya when I was 19 to start up a IT Consulting Company named Secure IQ Co., Ltd with BOI promotion for Cyber Security Services & Products. I also volunteer as a translator in my spare time to assist tourists and expats in Pattaya.
1. When did you arrive in Pattaya and what brought you here?
When i was around 14 years of age i started coming to Phuket for my summer holidays and to visit my Father and I started permanently living in Pattaya when i was 19. I would say my primary reason for moving here was to be with family.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I did my College & Undergraduate studies in Singapore. I would say Singapore is good if you are looking for a mix of Western and Asian Culture.
3. What surprised you most about Pattaya?
It’s interesting to see how fast Pattaya has grown and changed to cater for different demographics over the years.
4. Friends are in Pattaya for a holiday – what must they absolutely see or do?
Nong Nooch Gardens, Khao Kheow Open Zoo, Chocolate Factory, Naklua Walking Street Market or any other real local Thai Market.
5. What is your favorite Thai food?
Garlic Fried Chicken with Rice or Tom Yum Noodles
6. What is never missing in your refrigerator?
Water, Soda, and Yogurt
7. What is your favorite Thai word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
My Mum’s Homemade Shepherd’s pie
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
A&E Doctor – Too Gory
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Koh Samed or Koh Chang
13. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
I enjoyed watching Little Britain, Only Fools and Horses or anything similar
14. Apart from temptation what can’t you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Eqaulity regardless of Race, Sex, Religion, Beliefs
19. What area do you like most, Pattaya city or Nongprue (the Dark Side)?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
It always seems impossible until it’s done.