THE 20 QUESTIONS JANUARY 2020
Frank Crauwels, Belgian male, age 51. Married with my Thai wife, we have 2 kids, 11 and 13 years old. I was born in January 1968 in Antwerp, Belgium. I went to thefamous PIVA Hotelschool and worked at the 2 star Michelin restaurant, La Perouse. After that I have served in the Belgian army for 2 years. My favorite hobby those days was training my Malinois (Belgian Sheppard) as police dogs. So I turned my hobby into my job and started to work with my dogs in a security company. I became Security and Operations Manager in a diamond transportation company so I travveled a lott over the world. At my first visit to Thailand in 2009 I fell in love with this beautiful country and returned many times on vacation. Back home I opened Tuk Tuk, the 1st Thai Karaoke in Mechelen. FinallyI sold this business and moved to Thailand. I am working in the food industry in Pattaya together with my wife Biw. We are the proud owners of Food Estate, Your Nr 1 Food Supplier.
1. When did you arrive in Pattaya and what brought you here?
I came the first time to Pattaya about 15 years ago. I came on Holiday with a friend. I liked it right away. After seveal Holidays I finally moved here 11 years ago.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
3. What surprised you most about Pattaya?
Pattaya adapts to her visitors from all over the world
4. Friends are in Pattaya for a holiday – what must they absolutely see or do?
I try to convince them to go to the Pattaya Elephant Sanctuary . It is an animal friendly experience and you will never forget the bathing with the elephants.
5. What is your favorite Thai food?
I prefer Isaan food. Larb Moo or Nam Tok Nua, of course with sticky rice 😋
6. What is never missing in your refrigerator?
7. What is your favorite Thai word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Actually nothing. Pattaya is my home and you can get here everything you want.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Working in a factory
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
13. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
14. Apart from temptation what can’t you resist?
My cup of coffee in the morning
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
I get upset about all those envirement issues. For example: we will not get a plastic bag anymore when we go shopping but everything we buy is in a plastic packing. START AT THE BEGINNING, DON’T PUNISH THE END CUSTOMER.
19. What area do you like most, Pattaya city or Nongprue (the Dark Side)?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
You can achieve almost everything in live, as long as you try hard enough and don’t give up if you don’t succeed from the 1st try.