THE 20 QUESTIONS AUGUST 2019
Lela Layla Aukes
Born in 6 different countries Traveled from one country to the next ended up in university in Boston graduated 1975 then LA Fashion Institute of merchandising and design. Flew for KLM airline supporting the Fatima Center in Bkk and retired in Thailand after surviving breast cancer. Now in Fashion modeling movies TV and commercials. Love Thailand my second home
1. When did you arrive in Pattaya and what brought you here?
2002 Catholic Sisters of the Good Shepherd : Fatima Center, Fountain of life.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes many places
3. What surprised you most about Pattaya?
The Rest and Recreation past and present.
4. Friends are in Pattaya for a holiday – what must they absolutely see or do?
Silverlake vineyard, Khaw Chi Chan, Nong Nooch, Sailing, Polo, and Golf.
5. What is your favorite Thai food?
6. What is never missing in your refrigerator?
Blue berries, Cheese, Nuts.
7. What is your favorite Thai word?
Mai pen lai
8. What do you miss the most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I loved all my careers and open for anything new
10. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
13. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Elvis, Cliff Richards, Elton John, Eric Clapton, movie Gone with the wind, Imitation of life.
14. Apart from temptation what can’t you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Human abuse and violence on any level.
19. What area do you like most, Pattaya city or Nongprue (the Dark Side)?
Ban Amphur beach South of Pattaya.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Be happy, make others happy and they will make you happy. Spread positive energy. Thank you.