THE 20 QUESTIONS OCTOBER 2018
THE 20 QUESTIONS – EVA JOHNSON
Every month the Pattaya People News Magazine will ask “The 20 Questions” to a person, who have done something positive in the Pattaya community. This month we feature Eva Johnson, who have been in the forefront organizing charitable events.
Eva Johnson…. born in London England in 1950 of Polish parents….the eldest of 5 Heksel children we were raised in Godalming Surrey, at age 11 went to a private Convent school in Guildford, Surrey…. graduated at 17, met my husband then and married at 21…10 years later we emigrated to New Zealand… hubby (Keith) started his own printing company and after one or two jobs in the courier industry I started my own fashion business. Had that for a few years then got into property development and construction. We retired aged 52 and moved to Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia….
1. When did you arrive in Pattaya and what brought you here?
– We first travelled to Pattaya in 1987 as tourists…no Sukhumvit Road, no 2nd or 3rd Roads then. Came here to live 14 years ago but do spend time at the house in OZ as well.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
– No have not been expat anywhere else, we are NZ citizens
3. What surprised you most about Pattaya?
– First visit in 1987, the amazing food, the lovely happy people and how cheap everything was
4. Friends are in Pattaya for a holiday – what must they absolutely see or do?
– Nong Nooch Gardens, the Sanctuary in Naklua and Big Buddha
5. What is your favorite Thai food?
– That’s a difficult one, so much to choose from, but top of the list has to be Tom Yum Kongo
6. What is never missing in your refrigerator?
7. What is your favorite Thai word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
– Fresh NZ fish (snapper or terakihi)
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
– Well I am now retired and that’s that
10. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
– England and Poland
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
13. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
– Hmmmm. Band….the Four Tops, Movie…West Side Story, Hobby…. dancing
14. Apart from temptation what can’t you resist?
– Freshly baked bread
15. Red wine or white?
– Definitely Red
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
– Corruption and poverty
19. What area do you like most, Pattaya city or Nongprue (the Dark Side)?
– Pattaya City
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
– Life is short, so live every day as if it is your last.