Man electrocuted during DIY
At 6:00pm on the 7th of June, Pol. Lt. Gen. Jeerasak Abbfang from the Nong Prue police, was notified of a death that had occurred in the deceased’s home on Soi Huai Yai in Nongprue,
At the scene, the emergency services identified the dead man Mr. Petrus Gerardus Maria, a 65-year old Dutch national. His girlfriend was found hugging his dead body.
An investigation into the body revealed that there was a serious burn mark on one of his fingers. The condition of the body suggested he had been deceased for more than 30 minutes.
Neighbors said that they had entered the property after hearing cries from Mr. Maria’s girlfriend. They had been informed by her that Mr. Maria had been repairing a water pump at the back of the house when he received a large electric shock that killed him instantly. His body was discovered by his girlfriend a short time later.
Police believe that the accident occurred when an electrical current passed from a broken power cord through a steel cover and finally into Mr. Maria himself.
The death is believed to be accidental at this stage but a full post mortem will take place.
The body is now being kept at Banglamung hospital and it will later be passed to relatives for a funereal ceremony to take place.